Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” This is the culture that fosters innovation and growth in our products: we change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users and 7 million small businesses.
Intuit’s products are the financial software of choice for business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, Mint, QuickBooks, TurboTax, SnapTax, Quicken, Demandforce, but that's just the start. Over 50 million users, 7 million small businesses depend on Intuit because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Over 20% of the US GDP flows through our products. Join us, make a difference in people’s financial lives and let your ingenious ideas be heard.
About Intuit Data Engineering and Analytics (IDEA)
We are passionate about making a difference in our customers’ lives and we are achieving this in three distinct ways:
1. We build awesome data products
a. Core data products for Intuit: a/b testing, user segmentation, big data crunching building blocks such as funnel analysis, path analysis etc.
b. Advanced, directly customer-impacting data products:
i. In existing Intuit products: personalization and recommendation
ii. In new products, leveraging Intuit’s commerce graph, implicit / transaction based social network, lending, cross-Intuit product recommendation apps etc.
2. Quickly becoming leaders in the data space: data engineering, data science, and data products - internally and externally; contribute to open-source
3. IDEA is revolutionizing engineering @ Intuit, data driven decision making @ Intuit, building product @ Intuit. We are leading by example and deep partnership with all Intuit product teams: Mint, QuickBooks, TurboTax, SnapTax, Demandforce, Payroll, Payments etc.
As a member of the Data Engineering and Analytics team you will be building core data capabilities and services for Intuit and you must be passionate about software engineering and data. You should care deeply about writing solid code, you closely follow industry trends and the open source community, you are curious and an avid learner. You like to move fast and get code into production because you know that your work has a positive impact on the lives of end users.
- Be an active member of an agile development team
- Define, design, implement and test, debug and launch software in a variety of technologies
- Actively participate in design discussions
- Work in a cross-functional team environment
- Have fun!
- New College Grad to 4+ years of experience
- Solid in one high level language: Java, C++, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Solid on one scripting language: Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- One or more query language desired: SQL, Pig, HiveQL, etc.
- Solid full lifecycle software developing experience
- Solid on OO, functional programming knowledge a plus
- Distributed computing concepts
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent work experience
- Open Source Contributions
- Hadoop, map/reduce
The Business Intelligence and Optimization team, or BIO, provides and uses data to help our customers and Intuit make and save money. We accomplish this through people, processes and technologies that Create Delight, Find Predictive Insights, Improve Business Intelligence, and Enable Better Decisions & Deliver Growth.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.