Enter your search term above or select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Software DeveloperLocation(s): Edmonton
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Bring your whole self to work. Join Intuit as a Software Developer on the QuickBooks Online team! Intuit is a 35 year old startup and constantly disrupts itself by identifying major new technology and design trends that are needed to deliver our mission to power prosperity around the world. Our group is a fun, diverse team focused on delivering cutting edge capabilities. You will be working in developing the QuickBooks Online web application which is used by more than 4 million users worldwide.
What you can look forward to:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- $1000 towards your health and wellness expenses
- 3-week paid vacation
- An inclusive environment
- Mentorship and career growth
- Company socials, meditation room, pool table and games room, free massages
- RRSP matching, ESPP contributions, annual bonus
- Working at the company ranked #1 in the Great Place to Work survey 2019
What you'll bring
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Experience with Object Oriented Languages such as: Java/J2EE, C#, VB.NET, Python, C++
- Understand and preferably have experience with web services (REST or SOAP)
- Understand unit testing and preferably Test Driven Development
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
How you will lead
- Deliver high quality full-stack applications (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs
- Partner with team members to deliver against commitments
- Grow and apply technical skills in service to customers
- Experience Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.