Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Group Manager - QBO Engineering, UKLocation(s): London, United Kingdom
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Do you want to help us power prosperity across the world? At Intuit we work with millions of small businesses, self-employed, and consumers to ensure they have the tools to be prosperous.
Originally founded in 1983, Intuit has established itself as an incredible technology company. Over the past 35 years, Intuit continually reinvents itself and leads the market with double-digit annual growth and 2020 revenue of over $7.5B, which continued to increase through the challenges of COVID.
Intuit has three main product brands, QuickBooks, online accounting, payroll, payments software, TurboTax, personal tax software, and Mint, personal finance planning, and is a massive name in the US (check out last year’s Super Bowl ads). Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, over the last 5-10 years Intuit has expanded globally to Australia, UK, France, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, and Intuit knows that the next phase of growth for the company is going to come from markets like the UK, by building a global AI-driven expert platform.
Intuit prides itself on creating an amazing place to work; having been awarded 4th place by Great Place to Work UK (also ranking 3rd in Tech and winning a special ‘Excellence in Wellbeing’ award), and being on Fortune’s “Best Companies to Work for” every year for the past 18 years. Intuit's true north goal focuses on employees first, then customers, and then shareholders - employees who have amazing experiences deliver an awesome product for customers, which in turn leads to great shareholder return. Intuit embodies this principle by training every employee, regardless of their role, in 'design for delight' our internal methodology for building innovative, customer-first features.
Technology is at the heart of everything we do; from using the latest technologies like React, and Kubernetes, to our commitment to the open-source community. Intuit is continually contributing to hugely successful projects such as Argo a set of Kubernetes Workflow and CI/CD tools, and Karate a web-services testing framework. In late 2020 our UK-based team created our first open-source project covering fraud-headers for submitting to government departments such as HMRC. Intuit also has a seat on the Technical Oversight Committee of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF).
Come join the Small Business & Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) as the Group Manager, QBO Engineering for the UK, and help fuel the prosperity of small businesses in the UK. Through your leadership, the fast-paced engineering teams will have the opportunity to design, build, and deploy the next wave of products and services that will revolutionize the lives of small businesses and accountants.
Sitting on the leadership teams for the UK, the role will partner closely with the Country Manager and other business leaders. You will be responsible for leading three/four scrum teams, around 15-20 engineers in total. This role provides the opportunity to scale with our business for the right candidate. Working closely with the International Director of Engineering.
What you'll bring
We are seeking an individual with outstanding business acumen, who hits the sweet-spot of being strategic and "hands-on."
- Proven ability to mould the product development team (and the overall business unit) into a seamless team, with common goals and vision while winning the hearts and minds of the employees
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing best practices in a connected service, SaaS, Cloud (like AWS) and/or mobile environment
- Proven, solid decision-making processes… balancing principles and data along with judgment
- Demonstrated experience as a true self-starter that can quickly and independently assess business requirements and become a trusted and integral part of the executive team
- Energize the organization to drive continuous improvement and explore and implement creative ideas to significantly improve performance
- Knows how to integrate customers and engineers in such a way that drives excitement, innovation, continuous improvement, and better ways to serve our customers and significantly improve performance
This job is for you if...
- You have deep customer empathy and have an admiration for design backed thinking
- You’re able to galvanize and energize Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to translate insights into meaningful solutions
- You have shipped products that have seen scale and volume
- You are hands-on: Be it taking on coding tasks, getting into design discussions, or helping teams through a particularly tricky technical problem
- You understand and practice design, development, & quality engineering functions in an agile development cycle
- You love to stay abreast of best practices in software development
- You are able to move fast and nimble even because you build automation into every component of the product
- You love enabling your team to ship code daily
- You love wearing multiple hats, from solving tricky Engineering problems to innovating with business models and user experiences
- You have abundant imagination, but you are ruthless in prioritization. Saying “No” isn’t difficult for you
What we offer you
To fulfil our promise of an amazing workplace we offer a highly competitive benefits package, along with competitive salary, bonus and equity package dependent on the role.
Our team have been working remotely since the start of COVID and we do not expect to return to our offices until August 2021. We have recently announced our future workplace strategy and hybrid working will be encouraged, allowing employees the flexibility to determine when to work remotely and when to work from an office based on what they and their teams need. When we do get back, our amazing office in Victoria that includes foosball, pool and PS4 consoles for taking a break as well as free breakfast cereal, yogurts, healthy snacks and fruit to keep you energized. We don’t skimp on equipment either as each employee can select a Windows or Mac laptop along with an iPhone or Google Pixel phone. All of our desks support sitting or standing and each team has its own personal room to use when they need - so no fighting for meeting rooms for your agile ceremonies!
The team regularly socialises together throughout the year including team lunches and away days to help with team bonding. Intuit holds a number of company events throughout the year including an amazing Christmas party and GetTogether (whole company away day). We even managed to do this virtually with a private concert from Alicia Keys. A number of the team already have family commitments and we’re mindful to ensure this is taken into account.
Intuit has a culture of bringing your whole self to work, and during the interview process, we’d love to get to know you. We love to celebrate diversity and we want everyone who is interested in being a part of this amazing company to apply. We look forward to talking soon!
How you will lead
- Establishes a unique vision for a truly global platform of the future and generates broad support
- Works with teams around the globe to bring Quickbooks innovations to the UK market and bring UK innovations to the world
- Introduces new theory or ideas from within or outside to build Intuit's toolset and expand thinking (e.g.: new development processes, methodology for improving customer contact)
- Continuously assesses and acts as the architect for their organization systems to create sustainable competitive success. Turns general/generic ideas into blueprints for organizational action
- Coaches others to challenge the status quo, consider alternatives and make hard choices
- Promotes constructive debate, voices opinions explicitly that help shape key decisions and fosters this behaviour and mindset across the organization
- Fosters an environment that learns from successes and mistakes, applies the learnings and makes the lessons relevant to others
- Defines areas for improvement, and drives the change process using effective operating mechanisms and metrics
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.