Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Principal Application Operations DeveloperLocation(s): Mississauga, Canada
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Come join the "Consumer Group SRE" as a "Principal Application Operations Developer". We work directly product development teams to ensure performance and reliability of all consumer group products. In addition to engaging with product development teams, we developer, own and maintain tools used by all teams to monitor and operate their products.
As a Principal Developer, operate globally across all Consumer Group services including US and CA offerings, providing technical guidance and supervision. Responsible to identify, prioritize and drive all the requirements from Consumer Group services for their migration to IKS platform. Drives the inventory of services, the information in this inventory is key to efficiently managing all CG services and having a clear picture of the state of it. Develops tools to manage the whole TurboTax ecosystem efficiently, multi service, multi region, multi swim lane user traffic management, event driven cross services operations. As part of the Principal Developer community, Responsible to improve the quality of the services in and outside his own group by providing requirements, advice and reviewing code and architecture. Responsible to share with the wider developer community standards and new developments in their domain and coordinate the adoption of them.
What you'll bring
- Incident management reports, including initial problem analysis, management status, resolution, and follow up defect reporting
- Technical documentation on supported applications & operational tools
- Application Deployment Plan and implementation
- Configuration of monitoring agents at the software layer, and the development of meaningful alerts and the escalation procedures
- Responses to monitoring alerts according to defined playbooks and procedures
- Participation in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes
- Implementation of business operations standards
- Suggestions for process improvements and enhanced operational efficiencies
- Implementation of monitoring agents
- Management of application deployment processes
- Management of RCA processes for a specific application
- Implementation of improved operational processes
- Real Time Application Dashboards showing overall health of the system
- Code reviews of operational solutions
- Facilitate the creation of the Operational readiness documents
- Review and development of performance and capacity plans (operational capacity and load requirements)
- Specifications for onboarding new offerings, including trouble shooting, patch processes, cross organizational incident management processes, security breach response plans, etc.
- Implementation plans for application disaster recovery, migration, roll-back plans, expansion, routine deployments, and system upgrades
- Metrics reporting on applications performance, availability, reliability, etc.
- Design reviews of operational approaches and solutions
- Contributions to Operational Standards and Requirements
- Risk Analysis and root cause analysis
- Technical feasibility and approach decisions
- Public presentations at internal events
- Input and driver of architectural designs, system designs and strategic technology plans
How you will lead
- Provides effective solutions to the most difficult operations developing problems in an area of significant scope and importance to Intuit
- Principal AOEs devote a major portion of their time to technical leadership
- Their long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices is a primary attribute that distinguishes this role from a Staff Application Operations Developer
- Influence typically impacts multiple related projects within a business or functional group and will often affect other business and functional groups
- Effectively partners across organizations to deliver software and services
- Capable of operating with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities to achieve business unit objectives
- Collaborates with architects across functions to help set architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
- Transforms business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives
- Decisions may have broad impact and influence the organizational direction.
- Rapidly adapts to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.