Enter your search term above or select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Big Data Engineer- Intuit Again ReturnshipLocation(s): Mountain View
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
“Intuit Again” is a returnship program at Intuit for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off from their careers for caregiving. During this returnship you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment doing work you love for one of the world’s most innovative companies. You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new work experience to your resume, and make professional connections.
After completing the 16 weeks of the returnship program, there will be the potential opportunity for a full time offer. The program is open to anyone who has at least five (5) years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least eighteen months (18) to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
In this role, you can help engineer solutions that empower millions of businesses/customers worldwide. Your role is to work in small agile scrum teams to deliver awesome products that not only delight customers, but that are highly scalable and reliable. Using your detailed understanding of technologies and applying your intellectual curiosity you will help design, develop, and improve the features that help our customers run their businesses easily every day.
What you'll bring
- At least five (5) years of professional experience
- Been out of the paid workforce for at least eighteen months (18) to focus on caregiving.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and distributed systems.
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance and schema design.
- Strong programming skills in Java, C++, Python, or similar.
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience integrating technical processes and business outcomes – specifically: data and process analysis, data quality metrics/monitoring, data architecture, developing policies/standards & supporting processes.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Druid, Cassandra, Columnar Databases and Graph Databases.
- Experience with various offerings from AWS, including S3, EMR, Redshift, Data Pipeline, Athena and Kinesis.
How you will lead
- Work in the Data Engineering team. The team has twenty-seven engineers working on Data Warehousing, Personalization, Risk, Fraud, Graph Database Solutions, Business Intelligence and more.
- Design and develop big data and real-time analytics solutions using industry standard technologies.
- Develop web services that make big data available in real-time for in-product applications.
- Work with data architects to ensure that Big Data solutions are aligned with company-wide technology directions.
- Communicate progress across organizations and levels from individual contributor to senior executive. Identify and clarify the critical few issues that need action and drive appropriate decisions and actions. Communicate results clearly and in actionable form.
- Demonstrate strong implementation aptitude to translate objectives into a scalable solution to meet the needs of the end customer while meeting deadlines
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.