Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Design Strategist (Principal Visual Designer), Intuit Brand Experiences and StorytellingLocation(s): Mountain View, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Intuit’s mission is to power prosperity around the world for consumers, small businesses and the self-employed. The Brand Experiences and Storytelling group brings that mission to life through high-impact and transformative experiences around the globe all designed to shape, showcase, and demonstrate the power and meaning behind the Intuit ecosystem. We inspire customers with events like QuickBooks Connect and galvanize our 9,000+ employees around what matters most to our customers, utilizing best-in-class storytelling. This cross-functional, high-performing team serves as a center of excellence for the company and includes experts across experience design, strategic content, experiential learning, event production, experiential marketing, and more.
As a Design Strategist, you’ll be joining a team of cross-disciplinary creatives (visual, motion, interactive, experiential, and content designers) who raise the bar on end-to-end experiences across multiple disciplines. Your primary area of focus will be leading and delivering the design strategy for internal and external events. The Design Strategist reports to the Group Manager, Brand and Design Strategy. You’ll combine your love of design craft with expert collaboration through all phases of the design cycle. Come join us.
What you'll bring
- You’re strategic, humble, curious, and driven to be part of a high-performing team
- Have best-in-class visual design abilities with proven experience in various forms of storytelling.
- Have a portfolio that showcases your creative and emotional design solutions
- Have a strong point of view and are skilled at backing up your designs with solid rationale.
- Can show your design savvy through best practices and trends worldwide.
- You have a keen design sense that drives new ideas and advances our work on all platforms
- You sweat the details, yet see the forest for the trees
- Have a roll-up your sleeves get-it-done attitude.
- Have strong attention to detail and design consistency
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- 5+ years as a visual storytelling individual contributor in an agency or corporate environment.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or equivalent work experience
- Expert focus on detailed aspects of visual and motion design
- Masterful at collaborating, negotiating, communicating, and presenting
- And a strong online portfolio to prove it all
How you will lead
- Thinks about, and delivers, holistic event experiences from start to finish
- Based on strong conceptual thinking, establish and execute on compelling design directions
- Produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including typography and layout
- Understand the business and communication objectives, goals and challenges, and use them as a guide through projects
- Communicate concepts and iterate on designs/experiences quickly
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple work streams from concept to completion
- Share knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; work with design counterparts to ensure continuity across initiatives, categories, and projects
- Partner closely with project managers and content strategists to define the strategy and end-to-end experience for internal and external events
- Gather ongoing insights and learnings as a means to continually improve upon work
- Communicate strategy and rationale to leadership and broader team
- Provide ongoing thought leadership around visual and experience design trends
- Provide direction and feedback to agency partners and manages the creative relationship
- Provide ongoing input on processes and procedures to make work flows smoother and more efficient
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Helping women share expertise, build community, and grow their careers.
We simplify complex topics for our customers, giving them more confidence in their financial decisions.
At Intuit, great design starts with deep customer empathy and a culture of collaboration.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.