Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Director of Product Development, Customer 360Location(s): Mountain View, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Interested in creating and leading the Customer 360 platform infrastructure that enables experiences and financial identity of customers in Intuit’s flagship offerings like TurboTax, QuickBooks, Credit Karma and Mint that demonstrate that Intuit knows its customers across all touch points including customer success, marketing, and in-product, improving customer conversion, retention, and confidence? Want to solve large scale and highly availability platform infrastructure challenges for public cloud deployments? Intuit is seeking a Director of Engineering, who is characterized by progressive technical experience and has demonstrated progression in management responsibility, to join the Identity and Customer 360 team.
Envision, strategize, deliver cloud native C360 infrastructure that is used by Intuit developers to do the best work of their life and deliver personalized and contextual experiences in Intuit flagship offerings. This engineering leader will be accountable for delivering infrastructure to enable highly available, scalable, secure, and cost-effective operations of Intuit’s products in the public cloud. Build C360 infrastructure that enables Intuit to know its customer to deliver in-product and personalized experiences and build financial identity. Capabilities and Services that the team owns include high scale services and data infrastructure and developer tools for operating in the public cloud and developer support team. Finally, work in an energizing, growth mindset environment with disruptive thinkers and bring your whole self to work every day.
We are looking for a creative, brilliant, passionate, enthusiastic and experienced software development leader who will collaborate with senior leaders, peers and stakeholders, to develop priorities, roadmaps, and deliver products and services with engineering excellence and developer delight. The leader should possess a sound understanding of practical experience building large-scale infrastructure platforms and a relentless focus on engineering and operational excellence. We embrace entrepreneurs and also those who come from established corporations.
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality SaaS products that serve millions of people
- Experience working with one of the leading public clouds (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Understanding of industry-leading technology/solutions in big data and machine learning
- A combination of a software engineering leader and an effective people manager
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology with a minimum of 12-14+ years of hands-on software development experience and 5+ years of experience as a manager of managers leading software engineering teams
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams of star players
- A highly technical and result-oriented leader experienced in determining goals and matching those with customer requirements and product roadmaps
- Adept at leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams
- Strong business acumen. Understands the business internal and external landscape and thinks/acts strategically for all stakeholders
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across teams, functional groups
- Experience in scaling world class engineering teams
- Ability to work well through ambiguity, confidence in making tough calls and leading through adversity with a sharp focus on the eventual right outcomes
- Arbitrates technical disagreements across teams
How you will lead
- Technology Strategy – Define a durable and scalable technology strategy for scaling the platforms for Intuit developer needs and all of Intuit’s flagship offerings like TurboTax Online, QuickBooks Online and Mint. These platforms will touch nearly 100% of intuit developers and current and future customers.
- Boundaryless Collaboration – Able to operate in a complex org structure and collaborating with multiple stakeholders globally. Partner with business and technology teams to prioritize roadmaps, requirements, balancing business needs with financial and technology constraints. Establish alignment of vision, strategy & delivery working with cross functional teams (PM, PD, XD, Care.) and stakeholders including senior leaders across geographies.
- Operational & Engineering Excellence – Extremely result oriented and deliver huge outcomes. Sets clear objectives and goals for the team and enables the team to deliver and use operating mechanisms to continually assess progress and improve. Establishes the data driven processes needed to achieve operational & engineering excellence. Foster Engineering culture within team and across organizations.
- People Leadership – Grow and coach engineering talent, acts as a talent magnet to attract, nurture and retain senior talent including Engineering Managers, Architects and acts a coach for engineers across the site. Develops and drives strategy to hire, develop and mobilize talent for the organization.
- Speed as a Habit – can operate in a fast-moving environment, make quick data driven customer backed decisions and execute fiercely to deliver outcomes.
- Customer Obsession – is a staunch advocate for the developers and customers. Stays close to customer problems and solves for them with urgency.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.