Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Full Stack Software Engineer 2Location(s): Mountain View, California - San Diego, California - San Francisco, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Intuit is the global leader in financial management software where we have pioneered the shift to Virtual Platforms, cloud computing for consumers, small businesses and those that serve them. Intuit acts as a 35 year old startup, and we are constantly disrupting ourselves as we identify major new technology and design trends that are needed to deliver our mission to power prosperity around the world. Our groups are fast-paced teams focused on delivering innovative capabilities, and having fun while doing it.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View,San Diego, and the followingteams at Intuit.
What you'll bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area or equivalent experience
- 3+ years total experience delivering enterprise class web applications
- 2+ years of experience developing software for large business environments (Java/J2EE, Python, Go)
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Deep insight of Java and JEE internals
- Experience in UI frameworks like React, Backbone, Angular
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Solid foundation in writing scalable web application code following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation.
- Experience in developing applications using microservices, container technologies, container management systems such as Kubernetes, Mesos etc
- Experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics
- Experience in utility computing and/or cloud computing domain highly desired
- Experience building and deploying applications and services into cloud environments (AWS highly desired)
How you will lead
- Code and implement software solutions that will solve critical customer problems, are scalable, secure, easy to maintain, and interact with numerous other services
- Capture requirements and use cases
- Partner with other groups both inside and outside of Intuit for cross-functional design, solution integration and on-boarding of mobile/SaaS/PaaS/web/desktop offerings.
- Actively stay abreast of mobile/SaaS/PaaS trends and standards, recommend best practices, share learning, and experiment and apply cutting edge technologies/software paradigms (prototypes, patent proposals and engineering process improvements)
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.