Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Group Design Manager - Virtual Expert PlatformLocation(s): Greater San Diego & Los Angeles - Bay Area
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Join the Intuit Consumer design team as a Group Design Manager. We are a talented group of designers focused on delivering the best experiences for our customers. We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about leading a design team, innovation, a creative problem solver, and an advocate of beautiful and seamless customer experiences.
What you'll bring
- 10+ years designing and building beautiful craft experiences at scale
- Experience leading and managing a design team of 3-10 direct reports
- Proven track record being an exceptional people manager and creative coach
- Experience and comfort tackling challenges in complex spaces – prefer experience in financial services, health services or areas of similar systemic complexity
- A Masters degree in Product or Graphic Design, Consumer Research or equivalent experience
- Technical savvy and experience executing design strategies across web and mobile platforms
How you will lead
- Design authority for the end-to-end digital help and expert access platform experience across the Intuit ecosystem.
- Leads design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in creative vision, strategy and execution.
- Deep understanding and balance of customer, business, and shareholders needs and cross-functional partnership, collaboration and decision making.
- Strong communication (written, verbal, and visual), influence and persuasion skills.
- Primary interface with product team to set expectations on design deliverables, prioritization and quality.
- Drives outside-in, consumer-centric thinking, doing, and building during the entire product process – from vision and exploration to narrowing and curation of every touch point to be excellent.
- Ensures world class design quality end to end, across all design competencies, e.g., service design, visual, content, motion, interaction design, design prototyping and design research.
- Primary customer advocate in product team and across TurboTax offerings portfolio.
- Clearly communicates design direction and intent with customer-backed, and defensible, principles and frameworks.
- Leads codification of world class design assets and innovates on existing assets to continue the advancement of the experiences.
- Lead, grow and manage a team of world-class designers.
- Contribute to the creative culture of the Virtual Expert Platform design team through design critique, mentoring/coaching designers, and fostering a highly collaborative/creative environment.
- Collaborate across Design Lead counterparts and competency experts to deliver on-Brand, E2E experiences.
- Appropriately support and/or lead Intuit-wide Design initiatives in order to create added clarity to the experience design of Intuit’s product portfolio.
- Partner with product leaders to leverage design as a thought leader in strategic innovation, a culture change agent.
- Works across all functions to deliver the best possible customer driven solution E2E, while accounting for technical and scope trade-offs.
- Member of the Virtual Expert Platform design leadership team, the approving design body for all common expert and self-help design assets across Intuit.
- Reports into the Director of Design, Virtual Expert Platform.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.