Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Lead Financial AnalystLocation(s): Mountain View, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
The Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) Finance team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Finance Leader of Small Business & Self Employed Group Investments FP&A (internal title would be Lead Financial Analyst). This leader will partner with the leaders of the Product Design and Analytics organization to lead forecasting, planning and analysis. In addition, this leader will partner with a broad set of teams across Finance, HR and Talent Acquisition to lead the annual/quarterly headcount forecast, planning and analysis for worldwide SBSEG and lead/own operational process improvement efforts within the Investment FP&A team.
About the Investments FP&A Team:
The Small Business & Self Employed Group (“SBSEG”) is Intuit’s largest business unit with $4.5B+ in revenue, serving 5M+ customers with the QuickBooks line of products including accounting, payments, payroll and financing solutions. Specifically, the Investments FP&A team is responsible for forecasting, planning and analysis of the Technology, Product Design, Analytics and Platform investments within the Small Business & Self Employed Group. In addition, we develop data driven insights and partner with key business leaders to execute our vision of being the “champion of those who dare to dream”. We also assist senior leaders in developing our 1 and 3-year strategic plans that ultimately manifest themselves in our financial commitments.
We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
What you'll bring
- 5 - 7 years of FP&A experience or equivalent tenure from related positions in highly dynamic finance roles (Global experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of investment management and resource planning (preferably in a Technology company)
- Advanced Excel financial modeling, analytical and problem solving skills
- Additional experience leading strategic or business performance initiatives and/or organizational change initiatives as a part of prior responsibilities
- Self-starter with a desire to quickly learn and excel; willing and able to initiate, manage, and execute projects with minimal supervision
- Trusted business partner who delivers operational excellence by understanding the needs of the business and identifying opportunities to improve financial results
- Strong understanding of translating business results into an insightful & consumable story for leadership teams (e.g. dashboards, presentations, etc.)
- Solutions oriented, with a track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity, operate in a cross-functional matrixed organization, and meet deadlines in a high-growth environment focused on driving business results
- Grace under pressure with a good sense of humor and dose of humility
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
How you will lead
- Lead forecasting, resource planning, and financial management for key Product Design and Analytics teams
- Lead worldwide headcount forecasting across SBSEG in partnership with cross-functional teams including business leaders, finance, HR and Talent Acquisition
- Lead teams to design, continuously improve, and implement new financial & operational processes to ensure we meet our financial commitments
- Drive various analyses that deliver data driven insights in a structured manner to promote business outcomes that accelerate our growth trajectory
- Collaborate cross-functionally on strategic initiatives with senior business leaders and finance teams to deliver on critical business outcomes
- Be a thought partner to senior business leaders with a focus on driving change and providing financial leadership as we execute our Product and Analytics investment strategies
- Lead ongoing change in an evolving organization by articulating a clear case for change and then gaining shared vision with employees through effective, frequent and timely communication
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.