Enter your search term above or select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Manager 2 Data Analytics and MetricsLocation(s): Mountain View, San Diego
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
The manager of Data Analytics and Metrics will be responsible for the development, creation, and maintenance of business intelligence reports, visualizations, information and dashboards. The role also includes the identification, analysis, planning, execution, and reporting of business process improvements for the GBS group and Intuit’s Finance department.
This position will lead the data, dashboard, analytics and metrics team to simplify, innovate and improve cost, processes within the GBS organization and across Intuit.
This role will serve as a strategic leader responsible for engaging the business at a Sr. Level with the CPO or other GBS leaders to assess functional group business needs, provide insights that illustrate big opportunities and structure global initiatives and teams. The role will support, monitor, measure & report on improvements, optimization made across the department with data driven insights.
What you'll bring
- Relevant industry experience
- 10+ years of strategic sourcing, project management, analytics or consulting experience
- Experience managing projects that deliver results, demonstrated success delivering complex projects and expertise in project management and execution
- Strong process mindset, track record for delivering results in areas of data science, project management, continuous process improvement methodologies
- Personal success in current job with experience in one or more of our capabilities
- Experience developing and/or presenting data driven business cases
- Experience in building complex dashboards with qliksense, qlikview, tableau, excel or other tools
- Experience with resource structure and alignment
- Comfort with written and verbal communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Business or other quantitative discipline
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment with several stakeholders
- Experience in managing a team or multiple teams
- Experience in managing transformational projects that require high-level of change management
- Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- A proven track record of data analytics and productivity improvements; ability to influence and drive change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient; financial modeling preferred
- Strong written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Awareness of best practices in data science
- Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
* Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
REMARKS: The Company reserves the right to add, delete or modify duties and job requirements at any time. An applicant must meet the minimum job requirements of the job for which he or she is applying. Moreover, the Company may, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion, evaluate whether an incumbent continues to satisfy the minimum job requirements of the job that he/she holds. With respect to a request for reasonable accommodation, the Company will evaluate whether the applicant or employee can perform the essential functions of the subject job with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company’s evaluation of a request for reasonable accommodation will include engaging in the interactive process with the applicant or employee.
How you will lead
- Engage with key GBS business leaders to understand their key strategic goals and objectives and be a trusted advisor for continuous improvement from a Data Science perspective
- Identify reporting, analytical, and data visualization needs of the GBS & Finance department personnel, for tactical, operational, and strategic audiences
- Research, understand and explain internal and external sources of data, their structure and significance, and appropriate usage to support business objectives
- Act as the primary business intelligence conduit between functional and technical users
- Develop historical, current and predictive views of business operations
- Merge data sources from internal and external feeds appropriately, utilizing robust statistical, database, data visualization, and spreadsheet software
- Builds mathematical models, reports, and dashboards which support key GBS & Financial decision making
- Develop the short-term and long-term GBS roadmap that align strategic priorities, goals and objectives
- Focus on expanding strategic capabilities of GBS organization including critical thinking and root cause analysis & solution building
- Explore data and discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends
- Perform complex analyses for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
- Align analyses with business objectives and customer viewpoint
- Define underlying data sources and transformation requirements
- Develop and ensure compliance with data modeling best practices and standards
- Define and document the source to target mappings for data Integration
- Drive automation and simplification of processes to optimize resources and increase ROI to Intuit
- Be the strategic center that drives GBS presentation content and represents the GBS where needed if requires a full GBS involvement and POV
- Demonstrate and practice a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities
- Keep abreast of industry innovation and bring ideas that will help the company re-imagine and leap frog ahead resulting in advancements in technologies, process methodologies or establishing supplier alliances
Dashboard, Analytics & Metrics
- Review the total external spend data to identify opportunities that will optimize the Total Cost of Ownership of goods & services across the company
- Lead the gathering of business requirements, analysis of source systems, definition of underlying data sources and transformation requirements, documents data & process flows
- Documents and monitors business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of improvement initiatives.
- Performs root cause analysis and proactively diagnose and provide solution for capability gaps in the department
- Responsible for analyzing operational performance and championing people, process and technology enhancements to drive improved performance
- Identify best practices in process improvements and implement throughout department
- Regularly conduct process gap-analyses and makes executable recommendations for overall improvement
- Help solve or help create data driven transformation opportunities, along with creating comprehensive dashboards for GBS as well as external stakeholders
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and management of team
- Develop and lead a clear and simple communication style while working with stakeholders and while mentoring professionals in the use of data management and dashboard methodologies, solve problems, pitch big ideas to the business and provide a executional planning support to help big ideas come to life
- Provide analytics team with the tools, processes and methodologies to most efficiently and accurately provide ad-hoc analytics as requested by the business to:
- Improve accuracy and reliability
- Reduce cycle time
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.