Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Product Design StrategistLocation(s): San Diego, California - Mountain View, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
At Intuit, world-class design empowers millions of people on their path towards financial freedom. Join the Consumer design team as a Design Strategist for Mint.
We are a talented group of designers focused on delivering emotionally engaging and easy-to-use experiences for our customers. We’re looking for a teammate who is passionate about design and innovation, a creative problem solver, and an advocate of beautiful and seamless customer experiences.
Join the Intuit Mint design team as a Design Strategist. Empower a brighter financial future for millions of people with the worlds leading edge technologies. We are a talented group of designers focused on delivering the best experiences for over 25 million customers in North America. We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about design and innovation, a creative problem solver, mentoring and an advocate of beautiful and seamless customer experiences.
What You bring
- At least 8+ years in design-thinking with hands on experience in interaction design, product design, service design, or related field
- Design thinking is in your DNA. It isn’t just a process to you, it’s just the way you work. For example, have a track record of scrappy(not crappy!) prototyping, piloting, experimenting to get to the right audience experience.
- Thrive in ambiguity and quickly adapting in a world where things are very fluid
- Experience and passion for galvanizing large organizations/teams around insights, themes or POV
- You’re a natural teacher and have a knack for distilling the complex into a way that people understand. And you’re never satisfied with just reaching the head, you want to stir the heart too.
- Lastly, at Intuit we truly value diversity. Have a super-power that makes you the person everyone wants on their team? We want to talk to you.
What you'll bring
- 8+years of experience in interaction design, product design, service design, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field, or equivalent experience; Master’s preferred
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision
- Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
- Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
How you will lead
- Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas for our product experience across the entire product lifecycle/ multiple launches.
- Responsible for the quality of creative execution and quality of thinking.
- Create and direct user interface design, architecture and functionality according to usability best practices, standards-compliant design and most importantly, user tested data.
- Come up with the best creative and innovative solutions achieved within timeline and scope.
- Effectively lead across multiple complex initiatives.
- Scaling the design craft through coaching and mentoring teammates.
- Develop ways to improve workflow.
- Work as a team with the cross-disciplinary and cross-functioning teams.
- Responsible for seeing the idea from the promise to final payoff.
- Contribute to the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards.
- Present and effectively communicate the conceptual vision and foster ideas to help spread storytelling techniques to inspire the team.
- Collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.