Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Attorney - Fintech PartnershipsLocation(s): Mountain View, California; San Diego, California; Atlanta, Georgia
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Come join our amazing team of leaders, learners and world-class legal professionals. We’re part of an amazing organization bringing financial services offerings to market to power prosperity for our customers all over the world! We’re seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to support Banking Services while providing guidance to our organization as it exponentially grows its banking/fintech offerings. The ideal candidate will have a depth of commercial/transactional experience within the financial services/financial technology sector, ability to support and collaborate with a diversity of stakeholders, strong team mentality and be driven to grow professionally and personally.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates produces better results and is critical to our success as a global company. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
What you'll bring
- California Bar membership preferred with no disciplinary history (other state bar membership may be considered)
- 10+ years of major law firm or large corporation in-house experience, preferably working on financial services, fintech, payments, or related products
- 3+ years in contract drafting, negotiation and deal management for larger business transactions
- Experience with third-party service agreements
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Are a great deal lawyer--willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of major deals
- Have worked in, or closely with, one or more technology companies to structure complex financial services relationships
- Are a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines. Solid understanding of banking operations, payment network rules and other financial services regulatory issues
- Extreme organization skills
How you will lead
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements and transaction documents, particularly with respect to bank/fintech partnership transactions, payments, innovative financial service alliances, and other third-party service agreements
- Liaise with internal stakeholders for input on privacy, data sharing, data security, regulatory and marketing considerations while developing and drafting form contracts for routine transactions – all while minimizing company and customer risk
- Maintain an understanding of regulatory impact in partnering with financial institutions and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Supporting all internal business units by providing efficient and effective legal counsel
- General transactional/commercial support for other business lines with contract drafting, review and negotiation
- Undertake project work from time to time to support larger initiatives within the team or organization supporting company goals/objectives
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned as needed
- Work with Legal, Compliance and business teams to implement regulatory changes that impact customer facing products, services, and marketing efforts
- Be tech-savvy and fintech-forward, identifying tools that could aid in the commercial legal support tasks – all to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Provide mentoring and cross-training of colleagues to undertake commercial legal work supporting banking services
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact TalentAcquisition@intuit.com.Learn more about our return-to-work plan play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.
We're committed to providing a diverse and equitable workplace that empowers everyone to do the best work of their lives.
Our sustainability initiatives are reducing our carbon footprint to help improve the health of our planet.