Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Business Data Analyst, Ecosystem Fraud PreventionLocation(s): Mountain View, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Intuit’s Ecosystem Fraud Prevention team harnesses the power of data, technology, and people to protect our customers, partners, and business from fraud and abuse.
The team is looking for a Senior Business Data Analyst who is passionate about data and excited to partner with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to deliver fresh insights and intelligent solutions to fight fraud.
What you'll bring
- Strong business acumen and exceptional analytical ability with 5+ years of relevant experience. Experience in Fraud Prevention or Risk preferred.
- Advanced SQL and coding skills to perform data, profiling, segmentation and aggregation.
- Experience with statistical analysis in support of justifying policy recommendations is preferred
- Significant experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Vertica) preferred.
- Good working experience with data analytics and visualization tools (Excel, Python, Tableau, QlikView, etc.).
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to deftly negotiate, prioritize across technical and non-technical teams, influence decision makers and build consensus with teams.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accountability, organization and empathy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Field or commensurate experience. Master’s degree preferred.
How you will lead
- Translate business questions into verifiable hypotheses, create experiments to test them, and generate recommendations based on the findings
- Leverage data to understand fraudulent behavior, identify trends that indicate elevated risk, and to inform policy decisions.
- Proactively identify ways to improve existing processes and suggest projects that address key issues while providing an awesome and delightful customer experience.
- Deliver accurate metrics related to fraud activity, policy rules, and operating effectiveness via dashboards using disparate data sources and systems.
- Curate and standardize fraud-related datasets used as the foundation for all Intuit-wide fraud analysis
- Use SQL, Python, Tableau, and spreadsheets to quickly analyze, manipulate and visualize small to large datasets to guide fraud and risk policy discussions
- Create clear concise diagrams to document data flows and business processes
- Vigorously validate the integrity and quality of data required for performing analysis
- Partner with fraud investigation teams, policy makers, product managers, and data scientists to deliver data insights and analysis that inform critical decisions and help us reach our goals
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
We’re making advances in AI, Cloud, and Mobile technology to power an innovative global financial platform.
We’re deploying AI and ML innovation at massive scale to make a real difference for our customers.
Helping women share expertise, build community, and grow their careers.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.