Enter your search term above or select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Manager of Strategic SourcingLocation(s): Mountain View
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
The Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing, Services will be responsible for developing and driving global portfolio strategies, transformation, projects and the execution of global sourcing activities and initiatives including but not limited Events, Travel, Promotional Items and other types of service based categories.
This role will serve as a strategic leader and contact point responsible for building and managing relationships with key suppliers and Intuit business owners and will be required to identify global strategic sourcing initiatives, drive cost savings, identify and impact efficiencies and support growth strategies within the respective departments supported.
This role also requires the development and execution of sourcing strategies, with an equal emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as the ability to manage RFI and RFPs and handle vendor negotiations.
What you'll bring
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience with strategic sourcing transformation
- Experience with strategic engagement & business decision support with sr. leadership
- 5-10 years of strategic sourcing or consulting experience (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions, interests-based direct negotiations)
- Experience with ERP and Source-to-Pay tools
- Experience leading a team
- Experience developing and/or presenting business cases
- Comfort with written and verbal communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience in contract development, administration, and/or management
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment with several stakeholders
- Experience in negotiating deals with global vendors
- Experience in managing global vendor relationships
- Experience in managing transformational projects that require high-level of change management
- Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Availability to directly support and interact with multiple international business units
- A proven track record of cost reduction and productivity improvements; ability to influence and drive change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Knowledge and interest in key sourcing areas such as:
- Corporate Services
- Product and Customer Success
- Supply Chain
- Knowledge of global supply base
- Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient; financial modeling preferred
- Strong written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Awareness of best practices regarding vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
- Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
How you will lead
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Take ownership and responsibility for proactively leading and managing strategic sourcing initiatives
- Provide strategic support to Director across entire Value Chain and Services portfolio which includes Strategic Sourcing, Tactical Sourcing and Supply Chain
- Partner with leads and support business transformation efforts and business decision support across portfolio
- Direct, define, and implement sourcing strategies and initiatives to drive the delivery of corporate earnings, growth strategy, and business transformation objectives for responsible categories
- Contribute suggestions to assist management in the development of tower strategy and operational roadmap
- Provide leadership, mentorship to non-direct reports
- Develops plans to achieve team’s strategic priorities, goals and objectives planning projects accordingly
- Proactively builds relationships with and influences stakeholders
- Collaborate with digital procurement team where applicable to ensure sourced supplier is setup for ongoing procurement
- Partner with International team with to implement global suppliers, category strategies to ensure local support
- Demonstrate and practice a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities
- Keep abreast of industry innovation and bring ideas that will help the company re-imagine and leap frog ahead resulting in advancements in technologies, process methodologies or establishing supplier alliances
- Conduct opportunity assessment with the right balance of strategic insights (spend, supplier, category, contract) and current state illustration to drive senior stakeholder engagement
- Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
- Develop an effective approach to present and obtain sponsorship from senior leadership on opportunities
- Conduct opportunity assessment with or without support of Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Strategic Sourcing Process Execution and Project Management
- Provide category expertise and leverage that understanding to determine potential sources of supply, determine capabilities of suppliers’ product and service offerings, and relate offerings to stakeholder needs
- Determine the right sourcing process considering bidding approach, formal and informal negotiations, and structure process to resolve conflicts and build consensus
- Drive project activity across large cross-functional team through communication of expectations, decisions, changes, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables
- Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it (including spend, contracts, supplier information, stakeholder insights, current state process & tools)
- Utilize analysis to solve business problems. Draw conclusions and insights that are not immediately obvious
- Gather, analyze, and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection
- Direct the negotiation of highly complex, enterprise-wide, strategic supplier partners
- Manage issues & risks and communicate to management. Consult with senior management and project management experts as needed. Facilitate communication between project team and stakeholders
- Drive consensus across critical business decisions that are complex and high impact to the organization
- Create supporting documentation to applicable standards such that the value generated can be included in executive-level presentations
- Lead projects that drive price reduction, optimized demand, vendor consolidation and process improvement
Continuous Improvement and Supplier Management
- Partner with stakeholders to improve vendor performance management activities
- Partner with Continuous Improvement team with any cross-functional efforts
- Focus on optimizing business processes and business decision enablement
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.