Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Principal, Corporate DevelopmentLocation(s): Mountain View, California
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Come join the Intuit Corporate Strategy and Development team as a Senior Principal on the Corporate Development team. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
About Intuit’s Corporate Strategy and Development team:
Intuit's Corporate Strategy and Development team works on highly visible, key acquisition and strategy initiatives. The team is focused on identifying, evaluating and executing on opportunities to drive growth and/or operational excellence for Intuit and its portfolio of businesses. The work mirrors the work found at top venture capital/private equity firms, investment banks and strategy consulting firms. Key activities include evaluating M&A opportunities, investigating strategic opportunities, designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analyses, and presenting findings to corporate leadership.
The Senior Principal of Corporate Development position offers significant exposure to senior leaders across the Company as well as greater responsibility and career progression than is often found in professional services.
*This position is a hybrid role (Est. 2-3 days a week in office) located at our Mountain View CA HQ. Candidates must live within a commutable distance from Mountain View CA or be available for relocation. This is not a remote role.
- More than 10 years of work experience in corporate development, venture capital/private equity, or investment banking
- MBA or equivalent experience desired
- Desire to be a key leader in an active deal team which regularly engages with start-up and established tech companies, venture capital/private equity investors, investment banks, and strategy consulting firms
- Excellent valuation/analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense
- Ability to both lead and support is important – individual must be able to lead a team, coordinate a project or to drive independent analysis
- Direct experience owning and managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders in driving the M&A process
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Well-rounded interpersonal skill set with the capacity to lead teams and build highly engaged senior executive relationships
- Self motivated and willingness to proactively take on leadership roles within a deal team or the Company at large
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Driving the entire M&A process including inorganic strategies, market scans, target valuation, due diligence and deal negotiations
- Leading a rigorous due diligence process that involves several Intuit functional groups
- Coordinating with the Integration/Acceleration team on planning and execution
- Engaging with key business unit and corporate stakeholders across multiple projects and work streams
- Applying rigorous financial and valuation analysis to assess M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Developing network of industry contacts, venture capital/private equity investors, and investment banking/advisory executives
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview with Intuit, including how to request reasonable interview accommodations.More about our hiring process play_arrow
We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact TalentAcquisition@intuit.com.Learn more about our return-to-work plan play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.
We're committed to providing a diverse and equitable workplace that empowers everyone to do the best work of their lives.
Our sustainability initiatives are reducing our carbon footprint to help improve the health of our planet.