Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Product Manager, Quickbooks Payroll Product - Virtual Expert PlatformLocation(s): Bay Area
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Are you interested in playing a key role in the success of small business employers all over the world?
People who work for themselves fuel our global economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs; internationally the stats are even more skewed. But the odds are stacked against them. One of two fails in the first five years, two of three before they can turn ten.
Intuit’s QuickBooks Online Payroll Group is devoted to creating tools and services that dramatically improve the chances of success for small business employers around the world. 1 in 10 employees in the U.S. is paid through QuickBooks Payroll. We turn one person’s dream into a thriving team through innovations in the automation of paying employees and filing taxes, personalized setup experience, additional services like HR, time tracking, and employee benefits.
Come join the team that just launched an expanded suite of QuickBooks Online Payrollofferings that enable small businesses to run payroll and file taxes automatically, all while receiving tax penalty protection and gaining access to essential services like on-demand HR, health benefits and workers’ compensation.
As the product manager for our Virtual Expert Platform at QuickBooks Online Payroll, you’ll lead a project team whose mission is to integrate Intuit’s Virtual Expert Platform into our customers flows to deliver a “best in class” customer service and support experience. Utilizing your experience in lean testing you will define, test, and launch the best customer experiences to maximize customer delight and deliver on our strategic priorities. You’ll work cross-functionally with engineering, analytics, marketing, customer success, and our business leaders to build and share your product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
What you'll bring
- 5-8 years of experience as a product manager, designing and shipping multiple impactful SaaS software experiences across web and mobile iOS / Android
- Experience partnering with product, engineering and design teams to build products that drive user engagement, growth and retention.
- Proven track record of setting product strategy and translating it into a product roadmap with excellent end to end execution
- Skilled in customer discovery and customer development methods; proven success in identifying internal/external customer needs and corresponding opportunities that translate into critical business
- Strategic mindset; comfort with ambiguity; focus on quality and results.
- Strong EQ and leadership skills; excellent analytical and quantitative abilities; proficiency in product analytics, testing methodologies and data-backed decision processes.
- Payroll, tax, compliance or accounting experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline required; advanced degree a plus
How you will lead
- Be customer-centered and data-driven; deeply understand the customer with usability studies, experiments, and by talking with our partners; measure practices and outcomes; understand the market trends and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate closely with our strategic partners, senior business leaders, and senior product leaders to define the vision, strategy, and multi-quarter roadmap to ship innovative digital commerce experiences across Web, Tablet and Mobile platforms.
- Manage the product roadmap and development strategy through lean hypotheses and rapid experimentation, defining customer experiences and journeys, and owning the customer problem end-to-end.
- Collaborate with multiple scrum teams and top engineers, designers, marketers, writers, and support agents to deliver products that change the lives of small business employers
- Work together with other QuickBooks ecosystem partners (e.g., Capital, Payments, Sales tax, Time Tracking, and Accounting, etc.) to build end-to-end delightful experiences for the customer.
- Define and analyze key performance metrics to support and inform product decisions for your
- Ruthlessly prioritize your team’s backlog and work across teams to drive work in other areas that deliver value for our customers
- Serve as the domain expert for your product area and continually strive to improve both your expertise and the customer experience
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.