Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Principal Software Engineer (Hands On Architect)Location(s): Petah Tikva, Israel
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Come join the Invoicing group as a Principal Software Engineer developing the Business to Business (B2B) experience for Intuit.
If you love having stretch goals, real world challenges, and making customers incredibly happy whilst fostering your obsessive need for perfect code and user experience, this is the job for you.
Join our brand-new innovative team to help build the next generation of awesome products and experiences using cutting edge technology.
In this role, you will act as the lead technical expert of the group. You will collaborate with many teams in Intuit and contribute to many components in different BU’s. We love engineers who lead the change, communicating with customers and delivering the most beautiful and intuitive applications.
What you'll bring
- 10+ years’ experience developing systems/software for large business environments (Java, J2EE)
- 5+ years of experience designing complex distributed systems, management products or business applications
- Experience with:
- Web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Backend software development using Java Spring or SpringBoot to expose and consume RESTful web services
- Unit testing frameworks, mocking, and data-driven tests
- NoSQL and relational databases
- Kafka and GraphQL
- AWS (or Azure/GCP)
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Microservices architecture
- Proficient in front-end and back-end architecture & design
- Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with cross-functional teams while maintaining an effective working relationship.
- Experience driving engineering design using Agile process to drive innovation, accelerate decisions and outcomes while minimizing risk
How you will lead
- Drive significant technology initiatives end to end and across multiple layers of architecture
- Hands on participation in software engineering work (±60%)
- Gaining an understanding of our Current State and then defining the Target State Architecture and Strategy. Drive towards adoption of the target state architecture by executing on the strategy. Must possess the leadership qualities necessary to drive change and adoption of the strategy.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships / alignment with partners across the business
- Apply your experience and innovation to generate creative ideas for emerging business needs
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior and senior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Contribute by developing end-to-end solutions for complex problems, interfacing with multiple services and platforms, and multiple Business Units and organizations.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to contribute and review architectures, design and code.
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model to software engineers pursuing technical career path in engineering
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams across time zone
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
We’re making advances in AI, Cloud, and Mobile technology to power an innovative global financial platform.
From open source to the latest Intuit tech, connect with our engineering community.
Helping women share expertise, build community, and grow their careers.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.