Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Big Data Developer, Machine LearningLocation(s): Petah Tikva, Israel
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
In this role, you’ll be part of a vibrant team of data scientists and machine learning engineers. You’ll be expected to help architect, code, optimize, and deploy machine learning models at scale using the latest industry tools and techniques. You’ll also help automate, deliver, monitor, and improve machine learning solutions. Important skills include software development, systems engineering, data wrangling, feature engineering, architecting, and testing.
What you'll bring
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.Strong knowledge of
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance (e.g., I/O and memory tuning).
- Software engineering fundamentals: version control systems (i.e. Git, Github) and workflows, and ability to write production-ready code.
- Knowledge of
- Machine Learning/Data Science languages, tools, and frameworks (e.g., Spark, Scala, Python, R, SQL, SkLearn, NLTK, Numpy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, Java).
- Machine learning techniques (e.g., classification, regression, and clustering) and principles (e.g., training, validation, and testing).
- Data query and data processing tools/systems (e.g., relational, NoSQL, stream processing).
- Distributed computing systems and related technologies (e.g., Spark, Hive).
- Mathematics fundamentals: linear algebra, calculus, probability
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Familiar with
- Cloud technologies, in particular AWS.
- DevOps concepts (e.g., CICD).
- Software container technology (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with designing and developing deep learning architectures
- Deploying highly scalable software for SaaS products
- Model Productionalization: Works with data scientists to productionalize prototype models to the point where it can be used by customers at scale. This might involve increasing the amount of data used to train the model, automation of training and prediction, and orchestration of data for continuous prediction. The engineer would be expected to understand the details of the data being used and provide metrics to compare models.
- Model Enhancement: Work on existing codebases to either enhance model prediction performance or to reduce training time. In this use case you will need to understand the specifics of the algorithm implementation in order to enhance it. This enhancement could be exploratory work based off of a performance need or directed work based off of ideas that other data science team members propose.
- Machine Learning Tools: The Big Data Engineer would build a tool for a specific project, or multiple projects though generally these types of projects are decoupled from any one project. The goal of this type of use case would be to ease a pain point in the data science process. This may involve speeding up training, making a data processing easier, or data management tooling.
How you will lead
You can expect to...
- Design and build systems which improve machine learning scalability, usability, and performance.
- Work cross functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to understand, implement, refine, and design machine learning and other algorithms.
- Effectively communicate results to peers and leaders.
- Explore the state-of-the-art technologies and apply them to deliver customer benefits.
- Interact with a variety of data sources, working closely with peers and partners to refine features from the underlying data and build end-to-end pipelines
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.