Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Product DesignerLocation(s): Plano, Texas
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
As a Senior Interaction Design in the Intuit ProConnect Group, you’ll use design methodologies to gather inspiration from our accountant partners and from our exploratory technology team to invent new interactions, workflows and processes – delivering the benefits of “complete confidence” and “no work” to accountants as they serve their small business, self-employed and consumer customers. More importantly, we need a designer who can think and communicate clearly and visually.
This is an opportunity to be part of an exploratory and production team, working hand in hand with our engineers to drive meaningful innovation. Use all your powers as a designer to create breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of accountants as they help us power the prosperity of small businesses, consumers and the self-employed. Utilizing human-centered design and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean real opportunities for you to turn your talent into meaningful customer impact.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of interface design experience in delivering customer-inspired products
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience applying and driving a user-centered design process: working collaboratively with customers and a cross-functional team including engineering, product management, and user research. Familiar and successful reconciling design methodologies with Agile development processes.
- Proficient in a variety of prototyping methods to convey experience models and movement, ideas and experience patterns (e.g. storyboards, lo-fidelity wireframes, coded POCs, etc)
- Proven track record of great experience design that includes the visualization of customer empathy as an experience AND as a specification under the hood: inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are data-driven and intuitive.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner.
- Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop and Illustrator but skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes (whiteboards, sharpie-on-post-it) to share with users in a fast, iterative manner.
- A mindset towards experimentation, iteration, and learning fast
- A passion for creating professional products that resonate on an emotional level
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing that includes examples of design process artifacts and deliverables and final product experiences.
How you will lead
- You’ll tightly collaborate with Product Managers, Developers, Researchers, and other User Experience Designers across Intuit.
- You’ll start with user experience research and visionary product explorations, then quickly move to prototypes at various levels of fidelity – from whiteboard and paper wireframes to coded proofs of concept (POCs).
- You’ll deliver innovative end-to-end user experience concepts that optimize for user needs, business goals, and technologies across desktop, web and mobile platforms.
- You’ll strategize holistic service design concepts considering multiple products in your designs
- You’ll create, visualize, and present your ideas for internal leaders, partners and customers.
- You’ll use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders.
- You’ll use prototypes to experiment with customers.
- You’ll partner with product management and development peers to sweat the details of delivering experiences that delight our customers.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.