Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Strategic Sales Advisor InternLocation(s): Tucson, Arizona - Fredericksburg, Virginia - Plano, Texas
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
NEW: Strategic Sales Advisor (Summer 2021 Sales Intern)
Locations: Boise, Idaho; Tucson, Arizona; Plano, Texas; and Fredericksburg, Virginia
Job Code: UNIT10
Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies to Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award-winning culture while creating break-through solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide. Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 9,000+ entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks®, TurboTax®, and Mint®, to big data, SaaS, and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Come join one of the fastest-growing business units at Intuit. We are not your typical sales organization. As a multi-channel organization, our Strategic Sales Advisors are laser focused on helping Small-to-Mid-Market sized Businesses succeed across our Small Business and Self-Employed, Pro Connect (i.e., professional Tax), and Accountant groups. We are laser focused on building customer confidence at every interaction. Our Strategic Sales Advisors seek to understand, consult with, and listen deeply to understand Small-to-Mid-Market Businesses customers’ business needs. They are experts across Intuit’s entire ecosystem of products, who tailor our solutions to meet the specific needs of each individual customer. As part of Intuit’s Sales organization, every day presents an opportunity to evolve and grow, work collaboratively, contribute to the mission, and unlock your potential. When you win, we win as a sales team.
Our Investment in You – Features of theIntern Program:
- Our 10- to 12-week internship program is paid and helps deliver opportunities to learn, grow, and make an impact
- Specialized onboarding
- Impactful and meaningful projects
- Access to senior leaders
- Skills/function-based training
- Social and networking activities
- Intern & Co-op Summit
- 8 hours paid time for volunteering
- 2020 Intuit Intern & Co-Op Experience Video
What you'll bring
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
- A current student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree, graduating no sooner than May 2022 (junior or first-year MBA) and no later than May 2023 (sophomore)
- 0-2 years of sales experience; successful track record in SaaS or Cloud sales roles preferred, particularly in an IT/technical sales/software domain
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is genuinely interested in people and has a knack for getting others engaged in conversation
- Excellent verbal and written communication; effective presentation and storytelling skills and the ability to articulate business value propositions to clientele
- Inspired by identifying innovative approaches to situations and customer problems
- Ability to flex from one priority to another and make smart decisions about where and how to invest/manage your time
- Open minded, accepting of radical and new ideas, and pushes the status quo
- Avid learning mentality and growth mindset – naturally inquisitive or curious.
- Love big challenges, adapts to change, overcomes adversity, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Empathetic, yet assertive when communicating a need or defending a position
- Exhibits a growth mindset and willingness to learn new concepts
- Not afraid to fail; takes calculated risks; open and responsive to coaching/feedback
- Desire to build fluency in selling techniques (i.e., Challenger), tools (i.e., SFDC, Intuit systems), and SaaS industry acumen (i.e., related software, cloud, mobile, and FinTech products and services)
- Confident and professional demeanor; maintains confidentiality
- Demonstrate integrity at a level that goes beyond just being honest
- Take pride in your responsibilities: academic, professional, involvement in extracurriculars, community involvement, etc.
- Positive attitude and role model; intrinsically motivated to consistently exceed expectations
- Track record of over-achievement and grit (i.e., academics/grades, scholarships, athletics; work awards earned in past positions, leadership and involvement (i.e., active participations in Greek Life, clubs, or positions of influence)
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong drive for results and winning; high emotional intelligence
How you will lead
Role Summary and Responsibilities:
As a Strategic Sales Advisor Intern, you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team of winners focused on a combination of the following: acquiring new users and delivering increased revenue and contribution growth; direct engagement with customers virtually and via indirect channels (i.e., retail, OEM, VAR, mobile partnerships), deliver high quality and memorable sales experiences; prospecting for qualified leads to land/expand new business; managing a short-cycle pipeline using a consultative, solution-selling approach.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Develop proficiency and knowledge of Intuit solutions with the ability to clearly communicate appropriate recommendations to address customer needs
- Obtain a basic understanding of QuickBooks®, Payroll, Payments, Time Tracking (TSheets®), Bookkeeping, and Tax preparation software
- Employ a defined sales methodology to consult prospects and customers on solutions
- Build and grow genuine relationships with our customers and across the sales organization; manage the customer lifecycle through acquisition, growth, and retention
- Identify the distinct value drivers of each customer stakeholders and tailor sales messages to their individual needs; proactively recommend the right solution at the right time, that delivers customer value
- Demonstrate proficiency in using all appropriate systems, tools, and processes
- Anticipate possible customer objections and proactively prepares responses to counter them
- Effortlessly speak to the importance of modernizing or automating critical business proceses
- Optimize sales productivity through operational and administrative sales duties
- Develop understanding of Intuit competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- Keep up to date on new features or enhancements to our product and services
- Meet or exceed defined sales targets
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.