Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Director DevelopmentLocation(s): San Diego, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Envision, Strategize, Deliver Intuit’s flagship TurboTax (https://turbotax.intuit.com/) product loved by millions of customers and drive over $3B in revenue. TurboTax is a key product in Intuit strategy to Power Prosperity around the world.As a product development leader, you’ll lead TurboTax Web and Mobile offerings.These products are built to scale on native mobile and desktop platforms and built on AWS cloud platform. You would work with cross functional teams in Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success, Retail, Architecture, Tech Futures, Data Science and many others to help build a roadmap for the year and a compelling vision for the future. This includes building new growth business and evolving the technology to serve the needs of the future.
Finally, work in an energizing, growth mindset environment with disruptive thinkers and bring your whole self to work every day. Leverage the leadership investment in you to grow personally in the best places to work and learn how to build products that are loved by millions of users around the world.
If this excites you, please read on...
What you'll bring
What You'll Bring
Experiences & Qualifications:
- A highly technical and result-oriented leader experienced in determining goals and matching those with customer requirements and product roadmaps. Adept at leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams.
- Strong business acumen. Understands the business internal and external landscape and thinks/acts strategically for all stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across teams, functional groups and divisions.
- Expertise with building Mobile products on iOS and Android
- Experimentation & Data Driven mindset
- Expertise with building distributed systems and Platforms, especially on AWS.
- Experience in building and operating SaaS systems.
- Experience in Public Cloud (AWS or GCP) and Mobile engineering.
- Experience in scaling world class engineering teams.
- Experience with Big Data and AI powered systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
How you will lead
How You Will Lead
Responsibilities & Behaviors:
- Customer Obsession – is maniacal and a staunch advocate for the customer. Stays close to customer problems and solves for it with urgency.
- Technology Strategy - Define a durable and scalable technology strategy for scaling the platforms for Intuit growth offerings.
- These platforms will touch nearly 100% of intuit current and future customers.
- Boundaryless Collaboration – Establish alignment of vision, strategy & delivery working with cross functional teams (PM, PD, XD, Marketing, Care..) and stakeholders including senior leaders across geographies.
- Operational & Engineering Excellence - Sets clear objectives and goals for the team and enables the team to deliver and use operating mechanisms to continually assess progress and improve. Establishes the data driven processes needed to achieve operational & engineering excellence.
- People Leadership - Grow and coach engineering talent, acts as a talent magnet to attract, nurture and retain senior talent including Engineering Managers, Architects and acts a coach for engineers across the site.
- Speed as a Habit – can operate in a fast-moving environment, make quick data driven customer backed decisions and execute fiercely to deliver outcomes.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.