Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Interactive Voice Assistant AnalystLocation(s): San Diego, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
The IVA (Interactive Voice Assistant) is a critical innovation in the Intuit Customer Success organization that allows sophisticated chatbot ML and software technologies to be applied to voice calls. This allows us to replace menus and voice prompts with more complex conversational flows. With that complexity comes a more acute requirement for using software-driven call flow building, big-data driven infrastructure development building, along with a need for systematic analytics, testing, and quality control of the entire customer experience. As a Sr. Software Quality Analyst, you perform a critical software engineering and quality role to build, test, and optimize the end to end customer interaction experience with our IVA.
What you'll bring
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years related experience in a role focused on process design, testing, and troubleshooting issues with a strong software engineering background.
- Background and fluency in SQL and at least one programming language (python preferred) with an understanding of software algorithm optimization.
- Operational excellence with a proven history of driving rigor, process improvements, and progress around unresolved issues and actions
- Experience using APIs to create customer experiences.
- An understanding of APIs and the ability to read through a log and match API responses to the customer experience.
- Exceptional ability to perform structured analysis & design following a structured approach; technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, & Visio
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming
- Ability to work, build relationships and facilitate conversations in a matrix organization
- Networks with and influences internal and external contributors to affect change and optimize solutions
- Customer driven…Thinks customer-in vs. process-out with a relentless focus on delighting customers with a strong bias for action and delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
How you will lead
- Pro-actively identify customer pain points/opportunities.
- Leverage a proprietary software programming language to optimize existing IVA (Interactive Voice Assistant) flows or build new ones that enable a customer to self-help/self-serve, increasing speed to answers and delighting our customers.
- Leverage Analytics to drive improvements in both flows and logic rules
- Streamline the contact process to provide customers with the best resources or experts to address their issues.
- Track and report product KPIs, derive key insights from metrics.
- Optimize IVA flows, Intents, and Rules to drive improvements in product KPI
- Data Analysis to drive tuning of our Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Intent Models
- Technical, business, and customer experience driven IVA flow optimization
- Building and maintaining a customer call flow strategy and ruleset.
- Own testing, validation, and quality control for the IVA flows.
- Hands-on testing and validation that business requirements for customer experience are met while ensuring systems are functioning as designed.
- Develop test plans, execute against the test plans, and compare outcomes and call logs with intent.
- Develop, execute and maintain IVA and Dialogflow automated scripts in a proprietary software tool for IVR automation.
- Identify the most critical scenarios with business to be considered for regression testing; Execution of the IVR automated regression suite during each new release as and when required.
- Performing Test Data Identification/Set-up and test data management activities by writing complex SQL queries.
- Creating Defect Reports and Hosting Defect triage meetings daily with team members. Triage all the open defects with the team during daily defect triage meetings for timely resolution of defects.
- Cultivate solid working relationships with cross-functional teams and external partners, creating an environment of shared trust and innovation
- Building infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.