Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Lead Accountant-Revenue RecognitionLocation(s): San Diego, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Intuit’s Finance team drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development and tax professionals that support and enhance Intuit's operating efficiencies.
Come join Intuit's Corporate Accounting and Reporting organization as a Revenue Recognition Lead. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
This is an accounting role as a Revenue Recognition Lead with the Corporate Accounting and Reporting organization.Position is located in San Diego, CA. This accounting leader will be responsible for ongoing accounting guidance and review and risk management of business units' revenue recognition. As an individual contributor, responsibilities include working with the business unit product management, marketing and finance teams, as well as cross-functionally with other Corporate Accounting and Reporting personnel.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to collaborate and lead across multiple functions and roles, ability to translate technical literature and accounting/company policy into clear requirements for execution, strong change management skills, and ability to drive issues through to resolution.
What you'll bring
Skills particularly important to success are:
· Understands theory and application of relevant revenue recognition accounting literature
· Ability to research and understand technical details with ability to interpret and present in lay terms to non-technical finance and other business partners
· Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic, multi-business unit environment across all levels of management and across business units and functions
· Strong end-to-end process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, project management, and problem solving skills
· Ability to influence people indirectly and work with people in multi-functional roles
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills, time prioritization and risk assessment
· Bachelors’ degree in Finance/Accounting with minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate experience, or equivalent experience; CPA/MBA highly desirable
· Professional skepticism and a testing/validation mindset. Background in public accounting or internal audit is a plus.
· Strong PC, worksheet and word processing skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to elevate issues to the right level internally and externally to resolve
· Strong PC, worksheet and word processing skills
· Working knowledge of Oracle R12, Siebel/BRM and Business Objects a plus
How you will lead
· Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enforcing the Company's revenue recognition policy, developing new positions and interpretations as needed.
· Responsible for technical accounting research.
· Clearly articulates point of view regarding revenue issues and works with stakeholders to resolve, with transparency throughout all levels in the Intuit organization.
· Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy as necessary.
· Applies professional skepticism and an inquisitive approach to review and analyze the appropriateness and reasonableness of underlying revenue accounting principles.
· Implement and maintain the required process and internal control environment, and perform control procedures to ensure compliance with Company policy.
· Establish controls necessary to ensure that revenue forecasts, deferred revenue balances and revenue accounting execution are compliant with Company policy and GAAP.
· Develop training and outreach programs and delivers this training to business unit and functional team leaders.
· Comfortable working with cross functional team and actively consult with product management, sales and marketing personnel to ensure revenue recognition timing and process implications are understood for each offering.
· Ensure the proper accounting treatment for all product and service offerings is documented and that related accounts are properly prepared, reviewed, and substantiated.
· Streamline systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient and accurate recording and proper classification of revenue.
· Participate in revenue recognition due diligence activities related to potential acquisitions.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.