Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Principle Market Research ManagerLocation(s): San Diego, California
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
The Market Research Team in Intuit's Consumer Group (CG) is focused on powering our marketing and product innovation through deep customer empathy to over 40M consumers who use TurboTax. Come join our dedicated and passionate team of talented researchers. We use qualitative and quantitative research methods to generate meaningful insights that define where our business plays and how to win through market sizing, competitive analysis, value prop creation, communications, brand health, web testing and more
We are looking for a seasoned candidate who is comfortable working across disciplines with cross-functional teams, able to flux between methodologies, and also able to step back, and connect the dots for a more strategic point of view. We're looking for someone who is smart, humble, curious, a great team player and of course, completely obsessed about customer insights. We celebrate all forms of diversity and welcome any non-traditional paths into this profession.
- 10+ years’ experience in strategic and market insights, with heavy emphasis on cross-functional collaboration and execution. Ideal candidate will also have a strong mix of traditional and advanced qualitative and quantitative research methods and approaches.
- Demonstrated experience leading high performing teams, ideally in high-growth environments
- Proven experience and passion to facilitate relationships to drive business results and be a strong collaborator with a willingness to take risks
- Demonstrated track record where he/she has operated independently and efficiently to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Effective problem-solving, analytical, story-telling, communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of delivering clear and concise written/verbal communications to all stakeholders of the organization (including global marketing leaders, creative and content teams, agency partners, analytics) managing expectations of key business stakeholders and understanding the key elements that make the Intuit brand and associated strategies consistent and effective
Independent/takes ownership: Demonstrates ownership of all initiatives and deliverables. This means being resourceful and innovative as to the best way to get key insights and having vested interest in team’s success.
Analysis and Storytelling: We are looking for someone who knows how to take a lot of disparate information, from many sources, and create a point of view. We expect an incoming ability to synthesize research results into a logical, easy to digest story.
Thought Leadership and Business Consultation: Become the foremost expert on customer/consumer insights for your categories. Serves as a trusted partner/advisor to the business and has the capability to inform and influence business decisions.
Specific skills desired
- BS/BA in business, marketing, research, or equivalent experience
- 10 years in customer insights or related role preferably on the client side
- Able to draft presentations that are creative, highly visual (tell stories with images and few words), and highly synthesized
- Comfortable presenting and collaborating with all levels of the organization
- Use research and insights to drive cultural change within the organization and ensure stakeholders put consumers at the heart of their planning and strategic thinking.
- Share best practices with internal stakeholders and external partners to support business initiatives
- Implements (and inspires others to implement) new or different ways to proactively overcome obstacles and demonstrates a willingness to take and support calculated risks
- Doesn’t shy away from complex or fuzzy problems, sometimes in new territory
- Champion the use of insights and customer obsession across all stages of marketing and business strategy - from early opportunity assessment to defining the winning successful got-to-market execution
- Proactively identify the opportunities to further TurboTax strategy by anticipating big questions to answer and driving insights to close insights gaps.
- Collaborate with internal insights teams and outside vendor(s) to develop a holistic approach to solving a particular business challenge
- Provide clear and relevant research insights to our stakeholders; as well as meaningful conclusions from primary, secondary and business metrics to help inform our strategies, plans, and tactics on an on-going basis
- Responsibilities would include developing and evaluating survey methodologies based on objectives. Assisting with questionnaire design for quantitative research and discussion guides for qualitative research.
- Partner with stakeholders to create detailed research reports with conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
- Share real-time insights across teams to inform brand communications, business innovation, and in-market activation initiatives
- Help continuous evolution of market research craft by bringing new approaches, thinking and innovative ideas to further market insights mission and agenda
- Manage many (at least 5) research studies or analyses at a time.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview with Intuit, including how to request reasonable interview accommodations.More about our hiring process play_arrow
We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact TalentAcquisition@intuit.com.Learn more about our return-to-work plan play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.