Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Content DesignerLocation(s): San Diego, California; Plano, Texas; Mountain View, California; Reno, Nevada; Tucson, Arizona; San Francisco, California; New York, New York; Los Angeles, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks® and TurboTax®.
As Intuit transitions to a hybrid workforce and a more digital workspace, we are re-imagining how that workforce engages with help content. Our vision is to make everyone’s work and life easier through intuitive experiences and trusted help, all in service to maximizing their potential. We know that’s no small task, but we live for big challenges and hope you do too.
Our Content Design Team powers the content experience for Intuit’s workforce on our company intranet and owns the care and maintenance of a beautiful new taxonomy. This role will report into the Content Design Team manager and be part of our People Experience team, which is in our People & Places organization.
The role supports content for Intuit’s global workforce. To be successful, you need to combine the skills of a writer, editor, detective, researcher, analyst, and educator. It’s a fun, dynamic, and fast-paced environment where we succeed as a team.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery of the English language, grammar, structure, and punctuation.
- A proven track record on delivering projects that translate complex concepts into concise and easy-to- understand and emotionally engaging experiences.
- Up to date on best innovation practices and evolving trends in the content design industry that build world-class experiences. Bonus points if you have experience writing for or creating chatbots, short instructional videos, or tutorials.
- Experience using a friendly conversational voice and tone to give your audience confidence in their ability to perform tasks.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills; demonstrated effectiveness managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to share knowledge and inspire others while advocating for and rationalizing their strong point of view.
- Solid project management skills and the ability to function as a detail-oriented project leader as well as individual contributor.
- Participates in customer feedback and research studies and incorporates insights to generate recommendations that improve content across the HR program experience.
- Must be a team player and collaborator. You’re willing and able to pitch in whenever and wherever needed, and you have that positive can-do attitude.
- Experience with CMS tools, including ServiceNow, LumApps.
How you will lead
- Write clear and engaging targeted help content for web, desktop, and mobile applications.
- Work closely with internal business stakeholders, researchers, designers, and product owners to understand key needs, set content goals, and iterate until those goals are met.
- Partner with other content designers to leverage, share ideas, and make recommendations that apply across multiple channels or platforms.
- Gain familiarity with Intuit’s HR program offerings, from payroll to leaves of absence.
- Lead the content design process for your projects, drive decisions, and track issues.
- Use data to derive customer insights that will help us solve our biggest customer problems.
- Create unique personalized answers that combine analytical rule-building skills with writing and editing.
- Validate your work by performing content reviews, observing usability testing, and responding to employee feedback.
- Innovate and explore creative ideas on how to improve the content experience for Intuit’s workforce.
- Contributes to the creation of Intuit’s experience design content principles, guidelines, and standards to support quality and consistency as well as single sourcing and reuse. Understands and applies responsive and adaptive content principles.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Helping women share expertise, build community, and grow their careers.
We simplify complex topics for our customers, giving them more confidence in their financial decisions.
At Intuit, great design starts with deep customer empathy and a culture of collaboration.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.