Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Manager Cyber Security Governance, Risk, ComplianceLocation(s): San Diego, California - Mountain View, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
The Intuit Information Security (IIS) organization is changing the way we look at security and compliance. We are looking for a Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) strategic leader to lead the transformation of the GRC program, moving from the traditional management of security and risk management to an automated, secure and compliant by design model. As a Sr. GRC leader at Intuit, you will build initiatives and demonstrate thought leadership in the compliance disciplines. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in Governance, Risk and Compliance and have a deep understanding of security and compliance in a cloud-based environment. This candidate will need to scale compliance across Intuit and its products to meet a variety of regulations and compliance obligations. This candidate will also need to develop, implement and execute the Third-Party Management Program ensuring third parties adhere to appropriate controls and risk are managed. This candidate will need to work cross functionally with our global business units and functional groups and must possess a strong background in security frameworks and regulatory compliance. This candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically about new regulations and compliance obligations to help build and convey compelling value propositions with Intuit’s stakeholders. The candidate should also have a track record of innovation and with prior solution and program successes.
Intuit prides itself on being innovative, bold and passionate. This is an exciting position supporting our most important security and compliance priorities. The Sr. GRC leader will need to innovate in a cloud environment and re-imagine the GRC function working boundaryless across Intuit within the Intuit Information Security organization and with the business units, as well as our functional group partners in Legal, Privacy and Procurement.
What you'll bring
- Candidate must have 7+ years working in Governance, Risk and Compliance and/or information security risk and management
- Functional knowledge of security domains and information security industry standard and best practices
- Functional knowledge of security regulatory requirements (CCPA, GDPR, PCI, NIST SP 800-53, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of common security certification (i.e. ISO 27001, SOC 1/2)
- Functional knowledge of ISMS governance models (i.e. ISO 27001, NIST), information security roles, security controls.
- Demonstrated experience with controls definition, development, implementation and assessment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or equivalent field; Master's degree a plus, or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional Program Management Skills; how to plan, set and manage to reasonable timelines, while delivering projects that align to the business strategy and priorities
- Provide the leadership and direction to create the environment that motivates a bright and technically diverse organization
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment
- Drive, determination and the ability to overcome roadblocks and initial objections.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
- Proven analytical abilities and using data/facts for decision-making
- Cloud computing experience a plus
How you will lead
- Lead a team of GRC analysts to ensure Intuit meets its regulatory requirements, rules, compliance and contractual obligations
- Develop the GRC Operating model and a service-oriented customer engagement model
- Operationalize various GRC capability areas such as enterprise security risk management, compliance management, third party risk management, metrics and reporting.
- Maintain accurate reporting of GRC remediation activities to bring appropriate visibility to stakeholders
- Establish and maintain GRC metrics and reporting
- Lead the operationalization of security compliance programs to support various compliance regulations
- Perform risk assessments that address security threats, changes to systems and/or applications, process improvement initiatives and other requests from the business.
- Work with various operational and business teams to drive toward a cohesive view of security risk and drive remediation items to closure
- Development of actionable, agile security compliance programs to support various compliance regulations
- Build relationships with Sr. leaders to accelerate the adoption of compliance and security initiatives
- Enable cross-functional collaboration across and within the organization. Help be the voice for the teams and bring better visibility of important initiatives
- Help drive thought leadership for Governance, Risk and Compliance, supporting customers across Intuit
- Identify issues or roadblocks with existing processes. Create and promote solutions to keep day to day processes running smoothly
- Work across intuit organizations to meet and support regulatory compliance requirements such as CCPA, GDPR and NIST.
- Partner across the organization to deliver business results in a product ecosystem environment while communicating and influencing effectively.
- Develop strong relationships with the business/functional units to understand any interdependency and ensure demonstrable compliance.
- Provide input on multi-year, multi-group, cross-program strategy and roadmaps.
- Ensure 3P security assessments are completed in an efficient and scalable way, 3P security issues are managed efficiently and monitor the security risk profiles of our 3Ps to determine high risk third parties
- Partner with the Engineering Leader to automate the Third-Party Security Assessment Process
- Partner with Procurement to ensure all Third Parties are securely on-boarded and off-boarded
- Partner with Legal and Privacy to ensure all Third-Party contracts reflect appropriate security requirements
- Partner with the internal Information security functional teams to ensure integration of Third-Party testing and scoring
- Ensure Third-Party partners’ contractual obligations of Intuit are continuously met
- Assist in managing third party risk assessment as required to support business unit and/or functional group partners. Coordinate responses to security assessments from customers and business partners. Manage third party security issues to closure
- Standardize third party data sharing practices across the organization
- Oversee Merger and Acquisition activities
- Oversee execution of technical audits and audit activities, including PCI and SOC2 Type II assessments.
- Communicate security issues to business leaders as well as to communicate business drivers to security staff members
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.