Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Technical Data AnalystLocation(s): San Diego, California
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Technical Data Analyst who is a creative problem solver with a passion to support and enhance an advanced data toolkit for a business data analytics team. You will work with data engineers, business data analysts, product managers, architects, and designers to mature the technical capabilities of Intuit’s Identity Analytics platform.
As a senior member of the analytics team, you will have a strong track record of combining advanced analytics database design approaches with exceptional knowledge of functional areas to unlock potential for the business data analysts and product managers you support. You will be able to take ownership of complex workflows to translate data from clickstream and transactional data sources to maintain a complete data analytics platform.
This is an exciting time to join the Identity Platform at Intuit as we are building many new cutting-edge capabilities, including an Account Manager as a destination, password-less authentication, phone-based account creation, modern and sophisticated fraud prevention, an Identity graph, and many more. Data is central to Intuit’s decision-making process, and technical analysts are a critical component to unlock data-driven decision making as we look to transform and scale the Identity platform for the future.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience working on ETL/data pipelines to support analytics use cases
- Advanced SQL and data warehousing knowledge
- Expertise working with big datasets and optimizing MPP Databases
- Knowledge of Hadoop query tools (Hive, Spark)
- Familiarity with AWS (Redshift, Athena, and AWS core concepts)
- Python/Pandas/ML Experience (nice-to-have)
- Tableau/Data Visualization (nice-to-have)
- Clickstream data experience (nice-to-have)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and end-to-end quantitative thinking
- Outstanding communications skills with the ability to influence decision makers and build consensus with teams
- Proactive and inquisitive learner who seeks out and capitalizes on opportunities for change that enhance the business, rather than reacting to circumstances
- Strong organizational skills, time management, accountability, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics or Related Field required; Master's Degree preferred.
How you will lead
- Develop and maintain ETLs from multiple distinct data sources using SQL and a custom data pipeline
- Build data load strategies based on functional requirements using technical best practices
- Communicate with business data analysts across Intuit to answer technical and functional questions and enable them to access and interpret the data we provide
- Interview data consumers to understand requirements, develop functional specifications, and complete delivery of new data pipelines
- Seek opportunities to improve the data pipeline and platform, and work with Data Engineers to prioritize, develop, and test these improvements
- Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolution
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.