Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Design ResearcherLocation(s): Greater San Diego & Los Angeles
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
At Intuit, our mission is powering prosperity around the world. We build intuitive web, mobile, and cloud solutions that generate more money, more time, and more confidence for 46+ million people. Leveraging big data insights, machine learning, and powerful automation, we help consumers, small business owners, and the self-employed achieve their dreams of prosperity.
The design research team in Intuit’s Consumer Group leverages qualitative and quantitative research methods to help teams gain a deep understanding of consumer attitudes, needs, and motivations to guide the development of innovative tax and financial experiences in TurboTax, TurboTaxLive and Mint. Our team of passionate design researchers is part of our larger internal design studio that includes visual designers, product designers, design technologists, design ops, and content designers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and customer-obsessed culture where designers and researchers feel supported and inspired.
We are looking for a curious and collaborative design researcher to join our team in sunny San Diego who is passionate about solving tough business and customer problems, and advocating for the delivery of awesome end to end experiences. This role requires a dynamic individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment, with strong ability to go deep into the details but also, step back and connect the dots for a more strategic point of view.
What you'll bring
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience leading design/UX research projects in a professional environment, preferably in a technology company or consulting firm. A relevant masters degree or MBA is a plus.
- A track record of successfully scoping and managing research engagements throughout the human-centered design process in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, design, product managers, customer success, etc.)
- Depth of qualitative research craft:
- Demonstrated ability in designing and leading strategic qualitative research, specifically remote IDIs, concept exploration and evaluation, and usability testing
- Strong moderation skills, able to adapt to the flow of conversation and probe to uncover deeper insights
- Proficiency in using a wide range of digital UI research and mobile ethnography tools
- Value process and rigor but thrive in a fast paced environment and bring creative problem solving to research
- Experience with quantitative research:
- An appreciation for the value of hard data in complementing qualitative findings
- Experience designing quant UX studies, experiments, and/or surveys and analyzing data
- Even better if you have experience working in market research or with data science
- Strong synthesis and communication skills:
- Ability to translate research data into clear insights, durable frameworks, and actionable recommendations
- Strong storytelling, data visualization, and presentation skills
- Comfortable presenting findings in front of leadership and large audiences of key stakeholders
- Experience or passion for behavioral science/behavioral design, design ethics, or design strategy a plus
- Along with your resume, we’d love to see work samples!
How you will lead
- Guide product, design, and marketing stakeholders in reframing their questions and assumptions into clear research goals, testable hypotheses, and learning plans. Clearly articulate methodology recommendations and industry best practices to educate teams on quality research.
- Plan and conduct a wide range of research projects end-to-end to uncover deep, high quality insights that contribute to our foundational understanding of our customers (current and future) and leads to clear opportunities for product and marketing innovation.
- Synthesize data into clear insights and frameworks that align the team on the most important problems or opportunities to tackle. Turn insights into action through collaboration, immersion, recommendations, provocations, and/or facilitation of ideation sessions.
- Bring an outside-in, holistic, end-to-end customer perspective to influence stakeholders and advocate for customer needs. Partner with other data teams and bring in other data sources to develop a holistic data-backed perspective.
- Bring a positive, solution-centric and growth mindset.. Work independently across multiple stakeholders and workstreams, gaining alignment on priorities, timelines, and trade-offs as necessary.
- Contribute to the evolution and upleveling of the research team’s craft and culture. Mentor and coach more junior team members.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.