Enter your search term above or select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Software Engineer 2Location(s): San Diego
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
The Knowledge Engineering (KE) team at Intuit builds foundational capabilities that developers across Intuit will use for building and running Intuit’s flagship applications in a cloud native, highly scalable and secure manner. Ease of use, high scale and reliability are some of the key attributes of the platform that this organization is responsible for. We are on a journey to provide a technology platform that will truly revolutionize how quickly it is to build human expertise into software.
Come join the Intuit Futures team working on the Knowledge Engine Platform as a Full Stack Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for developing advanced explainable AI/ML technology powering intelligent, personalized experiences across Intuit’s current and future products.
You will be working with a highly talented team of AI experts and full stack engineers developing a state of the art, AI powered development environment used to construct Intuit’s intelligent product experiences
If you have a passion for delivering delightful development experiences and platform API’s in service of creating excellent intelligent experiences then this is the position for you.
What you'll bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience demonstrating full stack platform engineering skills
- 3+ years of Industry experience with Java
- 2+ years’ experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Experience with production monitoring/traceability technologies.
- Experience with deployment and software delivery technologies e.g. maven, ant, cmake, etc
- Experience with debugging, troubleshooting,
- Experience delivering highly scalable, highly available, quality software into production.
- Experience leading the technical design in a large multi-month project.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development.
How you will lead
- Develop hosted, turnkey development environment for the authoring, testing, execution and deployment of knowledge engineering artifacts.
- Develop world-class developer APIs for both design time and runtime services
- Working collaboratively with extended team of 20+ engineers and engage with organization partners to deliver on both short (weeks) and long term (multiyear) goals.
- 70-85% hands-on development in all phases of the software life cycle.
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, subject matter experts (accountants and compliance experts) with in various product lines, and/or business units to drive results
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant, web apps
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.