Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Staff Business Data AnalystLocation(s): San Diego, California; Mountain View, California
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
We are looking for world class analytics talent to join our team of analysts to drive actionable insights across our marketing channels for TurboTax. We have an exciting opportunity to help shape how we use data and technology to reach our customers with personalized experiences across multiple marketing touch points.
As a Staff Business Data Analyst, you will work with a team of digital and marketing analysts to dive deep into our acquisition data and marketing campaigns to uncover actionable insights to measure and improve customer LTV, optimize channel spend, improve conversion funnels through experimentation, and apply predictive models for improving acquisition CPAs. The role requires deep knowledge of the digital and media ecosystem. This position works alongside marketers, data engineering, agency partners and finance teams to deliver business results and to grow our customer base for TurboTax.
- 7-10 years of experience working in marketing, web, product, or other related analytics fields
- Highly proficient in SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- Experience in modeling or business application/evaluation of machine learning
- Experience in a scripting language preferred but not necessary
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations
- Excellent problem-solving skills and end to end quantitative thinking
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and deadlines
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong organizational skills, time management, portfolio prioritization experience, and accountability required
- As a subject matter expert on marketing analytics for Paid Search, Organic Search, Display, and Social channels, develop actionable insights and recommendations to support and guide marketing investments decisions
- Experienced in working with a team of digital and marketing analysts to dive deep into our acquisition data and campaigns to uncover actionable insights to measure and improve customer LTV, optimize channel spend using multi-touch attribution, and improve conversion funnels thru experimentation
- Help us understand drivers of business performance thru forecasting and predictive models in service to improving acquisition CPAs.
- Design, execute and optimize web experiences and marketing experiments through A/B testing, using hypothesis-driven approach to testing
- Provides guidance and thought partnership to Business leaders and stakeholders on how best to harness available data in support of critical business needs and goals
- Leads the full cycle of iterative big data exploration, including hypothesis formulation, algorithm development, data cleansing, testing, insight generation/visualization, and action planning
- Uses considerable expertise and independent judgment in collaborating with peers, data engineers, database managers, and business analysts in designing and implementing the research strategy needed to methodically and iteratively structure, extract, cleanse, sample, test, validate, and communicate data-driven insights from complex sources and significant volumes of data for complex and unique business problems
- Applies proven methods and hacking skills in working with divergent data types, data scales, and big data (petabytes), to explore and extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced, predictive statistical modeling and testing applied to data acquired and cleansed from a range of sources (relational and non-relational NoSQL databases)
- Provides to business stakeholders the entrepreneurial guidance essential for appropriately interpreting and building on findings, and fully exploiting the insights revealed through the research
Intuit provides a competitive compensation package with a strong pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this position is CA $149,058 - $201,666. This position will be eligible for a cash bonus, equity rewards and benefits, in accordance with our applicable plans and programs (see more about our compensation and benefits at Intuit®: Careers | Benefits). Pay offered is based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and work location. To drive ongoing pay equity for employees, Intuit conducts regular comparisons across categories of ethnicity and gender.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview with Intuit, including how to request reasonable interview accommodations.More about our hiring process play_arrow
We currently require employees who come onsite be vaccinated. If you are not sure if this role is hybrid, please talk to your recruiter to confirm. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact TalentAcquisition@intuit.comLearn more about our hybrid work plan play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
We’re making advances in AI, Cloud, and Mobile technology to power an innovative global financial platform.
We’re deploying AI and ML innovation at massive scale to make a real difference for our customers.
Helping women share expertise, build community, and grow their careers.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.