Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Technical Accounting and Close PrincipalLocation(s): San Diego, California; Atlanta, Georgia
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Come join Intuit's Accounting organization as a Technical Accounting Leader. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
- Ability to research and understand technical details with ability to interpret and present in lay terms to non-technical finance and other business partners
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic, multi-business unit environment across all levels of management and across business units and functions
- Strong end-to-end process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence people indirectly and work with people in multi-functional roles
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, time prioritization and risk assessment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with minimum of 10+ years post-graduate experience; CPA/MBA highly desirable
- Professional skepticism and a testing/validation mindset. Background in public accounting or internal audit is a plus
- Strong PC, worksheet and word processing skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to elevate issues to the right level internally and externally to resolve
This is an accounting role as a Technical Accounting Leader within the Accounting organization. Position is located in San Diego, CA. As an individual contributor, responsibilities include identification, analysis of accounting issues, drafting of accounting positions and development of relevant processes and policies to enable timely, and accurate accounting. In the close, this role will also drive oversight of accounting processes including the closure of contract and issue analysis, and assist in the monitoring of key operating metrics for a timely and accurate close and reporting cycle. Overall responsibilities also include maintenance and cohesion of accounting policies across the organization.
The ideal candidate must have a strong technical accounting, financial and SEC reporting background, be comfortable and confident navigating through new and complex matters and products, have outstanding communication and writing skills, and be attentive to details. Further, the ideal candidate will have the ability to collaborate and lead across multiple functions and roles, ability to translate, communicate and execute on technical literature and accounting/company policy, possess strong change management and communication skills, exhibiting the ability to drive issues through to resolution by prioritizing and managing multiple tasks while working with multiple teams. The candidate will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.
This individual will primarily be responsible for:
- Responsibilities include critically evaluating applicability of new accounting literature, preparing quarterly and ad-hoc technical accounting memos, maintaining effective internal controls and ensuring accounting activities are both regulatory and U.S. GAAP compliant.
- Research authoritative literature and provide technical accounting guidance on complex transactions such as acquisitions/divestitures, legal transactions, impairment, investments, including other non-routine complex business transactions.
- Providing accounting guidance for complex or unusual transactions such as acquisitions/divestitures, legal transactions, impairment, investments, and other non-routine complex business transactions.
- Review and monitor SAB99 analysis to evaluate errors in financial statements using both the "iron curtain" method and "rollover" method.
- Preparation or assistance in preparing the segment analysis to ensure compliance with requirements regarding consistency between internal and external reporting of reportable operating segments.
- Prepare timely, high quality technical accounting memos on all key technical accounting matters, including executive level summaries for leadership in addition to detailed analyses and conclusions for submission to the independent auditor.
- Review significant contracts and issues, and provide oversight across functional groups for the closure of issues, monitoring key operating metrics for a timely and accurate close and reporting cycle.
- Manage and act as liaison in Company-wide initiatives and cross-functional projects that directly impact accounting areas to ensure U.S. GAAP compliance. Examples include implementation of new accounting policies, due diligence and PPA entries on acquisitions and other significant business transactions such as divestitures, Company spin-offs, restructuring, debt offerings, complex capitalization projects, and other significant complex transactions
- Assist external reporting team with complex regulatory reporting matters.
- Providing detail support to the outside auditors and other consultants
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Review accounting conventions to ensure the Company’s non-GAAP policies would not have a significant effect to any one period on a quantitative basis.
To deliver on these responsibilities, this individual will be required to:
- Work cross functionally with different teams including corporate counsel, finance and strategy and various product teams in the process;
- Be a key part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the corporate accounting team, finance and strategy and executive management;
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting conclusions and reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, as well as general corporate accounting matters;
- Be flexible and a team player; and
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview with Intuit, including how to request reasonable interview accommodations.More about our hiring process play_arrow
We currently require employees who come onsite be vaccinated. If you are not sure if this role is hybrid, please talk to your recruiter to confirm. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact TalentAcquisition@intuit.comLearn more about our hybrid work plan play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.
We're committed to providing a diverse and equitable workplace that empowers everyone to do the best work of their lives.
Our sustainability initiatives are reducing our carbon footprint to help improve the health of our planet.