Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Senior Business Data AnalystLocation(s): Sydney, Australia
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps our customers and communities overcome their most important financial challenges. We help give over 50 million consumer, small business, and self-employed customers around the world the opportunity to prosper.
Innovating. Empowering. Delighting. Joining the Intuit Rest of World team as a Senior Business Data Analyst to delight small businesses & accountants to drive growth of QuickBooks across +150 countries.
Intuit HQ is based in Mountain View California where we have been in operations since 1983. We are proud to share that Intuit has consistently appeared in Fortune’s top 50 Best companies to work for over the last 5 years. We believe in the power of the individual. The power to do more. To make more. To be more.
We're innovators, and have been at it for more than three decades. And we don't stand still. As the world evolves, so do we – inventing new solutions to solve important problems, perfecting those solutions and delighting our customers. In short: Powering prosperity around the world. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
The Emerging Markets team (known internally as the Rest of World team) operates as the catalyst for international expansion and long term global growth. Driven by data and customer insights, the ROW team lays the foundations for QuickBooks’ global success.
We’re looking for a driven fast learner and high achiever with a passion to continuously learn, grow and deliver well in a high performance environment characterized by speed, collaboration, creativity and fun.
What you'll bring
- 6+ years experience in analytics, preferably with 1-2 years as a lead analyst
- Strategic thinking - uncovering new opportunities for innovation and optimisation across the team with ownership of strategic initiatives from ideation to execution.
- Strong business and commercial acumen - ability to transform the WHAT into the WHY.
- Advanced SQL (comfortable writing complex queries that combine data from various tables, e.g. CTEs, temporary tables).
- Strong ability analysing and combining large complex datasets.
- Data viz wiz - strong Tableau skills.
- Data modelling.
- Data storyteller - strong ability to present complex data and insights concisely to various stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment focused on growth
- Excellent written, verbal communication & presentation skills (at all levels in the organisation, including executives).
- Experience with statistical tools R / Python.
- Experience applying advanced statistical or machine learning techniques (e.g. regression, clustering & segmentation).
- Experience in experimentation (e.g. AB testing).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Experience with web analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics)
- Experience working in a SAAS company environment.
- Highly personable team player with a can-do attitude.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time, prioritise and manage expectations of stakeholders.
- Passionate about learning and progressing your skills - no analyst is the finished article, but we expect you’ll be a fast and eager learner.
- Self starter who looks for answers and finds a way.
- Attention to detail - produces results with a high level of accuracy.
How you will lead
- Extract data using SQL from relational data-warehouses.
- Create dashboards and reports using Tableau and Google sheets.
- Derive data-driven insights and customer behaviour analysis.
- Explain and comment on performance variances using data.
- Assist in the maintenance of customer and master data.
- Analyse business needs and field requests from team members to provide data, analytics, insights, reporting & dashboards with high data quality to drive sales/business growth.
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
Culture and values
Intuit's company culture is rooted in our core values, which promote an innovative and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and new ideas are celebrated.More about Intuit life play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
From set-up to sign-off, everything you need to know for a successful interview day with Intuit.More about our hiring process play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
We’re making advances in AI, Cloud, and Mobile technology to power an innovative global financial platform.
We’re deploying AI and ML innovation at massive scale to make a real difference for our customers.
Helping women share expertise, build community, and grow their careers.
We're dedicated to making a positive impact for our team, our environment, and our community.