Enter your search term above OR select from the following categories:
- Software Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Customer Service & Support
- Finance & Operations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interns & New College Grads
- Project & Program Management
- Real Estate & Workplace Services
Tax AssociateLocation(s): Remote
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
If you’re a highly motivated individual with a business background and excellent communication skills, we need you to help our customers complete their taxes using TurboTax. You’ll advance our goal of “Powering Prosperity Around the World” by providing expert guidance and explanations of tax and technical terms to our customers. You’ll also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by delighting our customers and empowering them to prepare their taxes.
What you'll bring
- College degree a plus. The ideal candidate will have a background in business, finance, accounting, or tax
- Knowledge of tax laws, tax concepts and familiarity with form 1040 and schedules
- Minimum 5 years years of paid Tax Preparation experience, with a minimum of 50 tax returns per tax year required.
- Prior tax preparation experience in a tax practice or retail setting required.
- PTIN required
- Ability/motivation to expand expertise and obtain a tax credential or certification - Intuit offers a program to obtain your EA
- Strong customer service skills with ability to empathize and instill confidence
- Ability to work within a team to assist in preparation of accurate tax returns in a timely manner
- Strong Research skills and the ability to quickly use online resources to find answers
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Persistence and determination
- Willingness to utilize audio/visual tools to communicate with customers
- Comfortable interacting with customers through video, in a professional way that represents the Intuit TurboTax brand well
- Friendly and reassuring on camera
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills (written & spoken) a plus
For internal use: tst assoc
How you will lead
- This is a seasonal position providing assistance to customers both assisting them in preparing their own returns and/or fully preparing customer tax returns
- Compiling/preparing tax returns for TurboTax Customers
- Gathering/organizing and accurately entering customer data in the federal and state tax returns for review
- Communicate directly with the customer as needed
- Coordinate customer meetings and follow-up
- Communicate updates to credentialed tax experts on assigned customers
- Will help customers who are working on their tax return with both product/software inquiries, as well as with tax questions and calculations
- Apply defined practices, procedures and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve product and tax support customer inquiries
- Will interact with customers utilizing strong written and verbal skills as well as deep customer empathy
- Accurate and complete customer data entered in tax returns for credentialed tax expert review
- High quality customer interactions and experiences
- Application of defined practices, procedures and company policies to troubleshoot, resolve issues and address routine Tax Support customer questions
- Proficient with technology and solid knowledge of computer operations and software.
- Utilize and leverage government websites and toolkits to seek out and deliver the right answer to the customer
- Document customer interactions
- Represent the Intuit TurboTax brand and spirit by demonstrating empathy for the customer, empowering and partnering with the customer, personalizing the experience, and providing them the confidence that they can do their own taxes
"When I encounter a technical problem, I feel driven to find a solution that is simple, human, and easy to understand."
"At Intuit, I have everything I need to be a great data scientist, from rich datasets to inspiring colleagues."
"It’s important to always strive for improvement, even if you’re already in a good place."
"One of the things that stands about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"I really felt drawn to Intuit because it's a place where I feel like I can make super meaningful impact on customers’ lives and their day-to-day. Finances are tricky and it’s emotional and stressful, and if I can help lift that burden off of someone, I feel like it’s worth it."
"Working at Intuit is satisfying because our goal is not to get customers to spend as much time on our products. We want to make their financial lives easier whether it's filling out taxes or helping small businesses operate. It's a great combination of experimenting with new technology while also staying close to tangible problems for real people."
"Designing at Intuit feels special because we're not just making things to make things. We're tackling real, consequential financial problems voiced by small businesses, self-employed, and individuals around the world. I'm grateful to have such a worthy and motivating mission when I go to work – powering prosperity around the world."
"One of the things that stands out about Intuit is the impact that we have on our customers. Whether it's helping them yearly with their taxes or every day with their finances, it is truly satisfying to know that we’re using our resources and knowledge to power prosperity for millions of people around the world."
"By feeding our customers' data through machine learning algorithms, we uncover valuable insights that empower millions of customers to feel more confident about their financial future."
"We use the latest Native frameworks for iOS and Android to deliver a truly delightful mobile-first experience for our customers. I love that we're enabling millions of customers to improve their financial health, all under a world-class mobile experience."
"By building tools that enable our developers to validate the compliancy of our products, I’m playing a role upholding Intuit’s value of integrity without compromise. Through ensuring that our products are safe and secure for our customers, I feel like I’m part of helping millions of people around the world gain access to the financial resources that they need to prosper."
"It's a great feeling knowing that when you push out a new feature or fix, our customers notice it and really love the work that we do! Here at Intuit, not only do we have the freedom to work with the newest technologies, but we value solving challenging financial problems for our customers above everything else."
"One of my favorite aspects of this role is that my work is helping small business owners achieve their business goals by solving complex financial problems. It's gratifying to know that the work that I'm doing directly impacts consumers and makes their lives easier so that they can focus their energy on growing their business."
"I know that as a product manager at Intuit, my impact matters. Our products support millions of small businesses and individuals around the globe with their finances, delivering more money and fueling the success of real people."
Hear from our employees
Conrad De Peuter
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures Group
Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career path.
Be part of a world-class culture
We know that innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.More about our culture play_arrow
Our values are central to our culture. They’ve been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.More about our values play_arrow
Benefits we offer
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer rewards that include everything you’d expect, and even more that you wouldn’t. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.More about our benefits play_arrow
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. Join us in our mission to power prosperity around the world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.